The time machine, a 100% original classic Craigslist find. I replaced a few parts for fit and comfort, but it still rides like the classic mountain bike of yesteryear.
- Frameset: 1984 Univega Alpina Sport. Triple butted lugged steel.
- Wheelset: Suntour hubs on Ukai rims.
- Tires: Bontrager Jones AC
- Brakes, Shifters, Derailleurs, Crankset: Shimano, I think this group was one step below Deore at the time.
- Pedals: Suntour Beartrap with unknown cages
- Cassette: Nope, it’s a 6 speed freewheel
- Handlebar: Titec version of the Jeff Jones H-Bar
- Stem: Velo Orange 1 1/8 threadless to 1″ quill adapter with a Specialized stem
- Saddle: Avocet Racing II – This was purchased new by me back in the late 80’s when I worked at The Bicycle Shop in Pleasant Valley, NY.