The long distance, do all mountain bike with a light wheelset and high volume, fast tires. With this setup the bike is equally capable on forest roads, singletrack, or just commuting to work.
- Frameset: Salsa Fargo Generation 1 size medium
- Wheelset: Stan’s ZTR 355 29er
- Tires: Halo Twin Rail 29×2.2
- Brakes: Avid BB7 Mountain with Tektro RL520 long cable pull levers
- Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace barend mounted to Paul’s Thumbies
- Derailleurs: Shimano Deore XT
- Crankset: Shimano XTR M960
- Cassette: Shimano Deore XT 11-34 9 speed
- Handlebar: Salsa Woodchipper 46cm double wrapped with cork tape
- Stem: Cheep
- Saddle: Brooks B17 Special Edition
- Seat Post: Thomson Elite
- Bags: Revelate Designs
- Front Rack: Nashbar modified with Surly rack hardware
2 thoughts on “2008 Salsa Fargo 29er”
LOVE the Fargo!
Salsa really found a niche with this one.